The Contemporary Singer: Elements of Vocal Technique (with CD)
The Contemporary Singer: Elements of Vocal Technique is based on the curriculum of the Voice Department at Berklee College of Music and is a must-have for every vocalist and aspiring singer! This book covers all the voice lesson essentials, including:
- an overview of the singing process
- treating your voice as an instrument
- tips for getting started and overcoming stage fright
- proper posture and breathing, tone, discovering resonance, belting, diction, and maintaining vocal health
- special mic techniques of the pros
- exercises for all voice ranges and types on the accompanying CD!
Includes lead sheets for such standard vocal repertoire pieces as:
- I'm Beginning to See the Light
- I Heard it Through the Grapevine
Maximize your vocal potential with this outstanding singing guide!