The Diva Next Door - How to Be a Singing Star Wherever You Are
You too can be a singing Diva! If you've ever dreamed of singing on The Voice or grabbing a Grammy Award, The Diva Next Door by Jill Switzer is for you. Switzer's book, designed for everyone from total novice on up, takes a three-step approach:
- how to get physically and mentally in shape for a singing career
- how to create and fine-tune an act
- how to shine at auditions and to book gigs
The book blends practical information with anecdotes, musical quotes, pep talks, and tips. Sample cover letters, performance agreements, references, and a "diva dictionary" add value.
The Diva Next Door's topics include:
- Defining Your Singing Goals
- Building your repertoire and fine-tuning your act
- Creating a polished, professional look
- Succeeding at singing auditions and how to book shows
- Getting in Diva shape--physically and mentally
- Maximizing your PR exposure and much more!
Ideal for the hundreds of thousands of female applicants to such shows as The Voice, American Idol, X Factor, America's Got Talent, and for everyone who has ever dreamed of being a professional singer.
Written for the complete novice in encouraging girl-to-girl style but packed with information for all levels.
"The Diva Next Door is required reading for every gal pursuing a career as a vocalist. Jill provides an insightful, entertaining, and accurate guide to achieving excellence in the music business."
--Faith Prince, Tony® Award-Winning Singer and Actress